Concerning this product
The Library of Congress will not obtain legal rights to product with its collections. Consequently, it generally does not license or charge authorization costs to be used of these material and should not give or reject authorization to otherwise publish or circulate the material.
Eventually, it’s the researcher’s responsibility to evaluate copyright or any other usage limitations and acquire authorization from 3rd events when needed before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library’s collections.
For information on reproducing, publishing, and material that is citing this collection, along with use of the first products, see: Carol M. Highsmith – legal rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known limitations on book.
- Reproduction quantity: LC-DIG-highsm-40791 (original digital file)
- Call Number: LC-DIG-highsm- 40791 (ON LINE) P&P
- Access Advisory: —
If a picture is showing, you can easily install it your self. (Some pictures show just as thumbnails outside of the Library of Congress as a result of liberties factors, however you have access to bigger size pictures on location.)
Instead, you can buy copies of varied kinds through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- If your image that is digital showing: The characteristics associated with electronic image partially depend on whether it ended up being produced from the initial or an intermediate such as for instance a duplicate negative or transparency. In the event that Reproduction quantity field above includes a reproduction quantity that begins with LC-DIG. Then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for publication purposes that are most.
- If you have information placed in the Reproduction Number field above: you should use the reproduction quantity to buy a duplicate from Duplication Services. It will be manufactured through the supply placed in the parentheses following the quantity.
Only if black-and-white (“b&w”) sources are detailed and also you want a duplicate showing color or tint (presuming the initial has any), you can easily generally buy an excellent copy regarding the initial in color by citing the decision quantity listed above and like the catalog record (“About This Item”) along with your demand.
Cost listings, email address, and purchase kinds can be found in the Duplication Services internet site.
Access to Originals
Please use the next steps to ascertain whether you will need to fill a call slip out into the images and Photographs researching area to see the initial item(s). In some instances, a surrogate (substitute image) is present, usually by means of a electronic image, a duplicate printing, or microfilm.
May be the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image will soon be noticeable in the remaining.)
- Yes, the product is digitized. Please utilize the electronic image in choice to asking for the initial. All pictures can be seen at a big size whenever you’re in any reading space during the Library of Congress. In a few full instances, just thumbnail (little) pictures can be obtained when you’re away from Library of Congress due to the fact product is legal rights limited or is not examined for legal rights limitations. As a conservation measure, we generally never provide a original product when an electronic image can be acquired. When you have a compelling explanation to look at initial, check with a guide librarian. (often, the initial is just too delicate to provide. As an example, cup and movie negatives that are photographic especially susceptible to harm. They’re also better to see on line where they truly are presented as good pictures.)
- No, the product isn’t digitized. Please head to no. 2.
Perform some Access Advisory or Call quantity fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as for example microfilm or content images?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Guide staff can direct one to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate will not occur. Please head to #3.
A librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3 to contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated immediately from bibliographic information as a convenience, and can even never be accurate or complete.
Chicago citation design:
APA citation design:
MLA citation design:
Highsmith, Carol M, professional professional photographer. A pawnbroker and loan that is payday, mostly of the staying viable organizations in a stretch of downtown Gary, Indiana, certainly one of America’s many economically troubled towns and cities . -09-12. Photograph. Retrieved through the Library of Congress, .